Lay Led GroupsMindfulness Meditation Group
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever."
Mindfulness is an acquired skill, practiced while meditating but vital in our everyday lives. Mindfulness is helpful in reducing stress, managing pain, focusing attention, and overcoming habitual negative behavior. Mindfulness can also point the way to spiritual practice, calming the mind and developing awareness and insight. The ability to be mindful is strengthened through consistent practice. Mindfulness Meditation Group provides a space for us to practice together in support of one another.
- • Everyone is welcome. Affiliation with any organization is neither promoted nor discouraged.
- • Engaging in safe, respectful and welcoming conduct is the only expectation.
- • Participation is entirely voluntary.
- • Format: Two 25 minute periods of meditation with a short reading, discussion and rest between. Stay for one sitting or both.
- • Bring your own seating or use our cushions, benches, and chairs.
- • Every Tuesday, 7:00 pm, Fuller Chapel, upper level, Clover Lane.
- • Third Tuesdays are silent meditations, with no speaking within the meditation room
Contact MMG@harrisburguu.org for more information.